June 24, 2020 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Virtual Presentation: Please see below for the registration link.
The Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society is sponsoring this very interesting speaker in conjunction with GRIP courses being taught that week. Description. Understanding the convoluted land history and related records enables researchers to find kinship information buried in these records. Discover the wealth of resources available online.
- The surveys or tracts, including the Seven Ranges, the Ohio Company’s Purchase, the Donation Tract, the French Grants, Congress Lands, the Canadian Refugee Tract, the United States Military District, the Virginia Military District (VMD), the Connecticut Fire lands, the Connecticut Western Reserve, and the Symmes Purchase.
- The location of the records relative to Ohio land including those in Ohio, Virginia, Connecticut, The National Archives at Chicago and Washington, and the Bureau of Land Management.
- Resources to learn more about Ohio lands such as Peters’s Ohio Lands and Their Subdivision
- The latest information relating to Ohio online land records
- The latest in online mapping tools for Ohio
- Appropriate examples to illustrate land records in genealogical research