Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
An organization of amateur and professional family historians and genealogists dedicated to the study and preservation of family history focused on Western Pennsylvania.
We have a wealth of resources for both the budding researcher and the experienced pro. WPGS offers free programming and in-person help for all as well as valuable extras for our members.
2022-2023 Board of Directors
Thank you to the more than 80 WPGS Members voted online for the 2022-23 Board of Directors. Your new board is below:
Suzanne Johnston Memorial Scholarship
Annually, WPGS awards the Suzanne Johnston Memorial Scholarship of up to $250 to a current member towards attendance cost at a local, regional, national, or virtual genealogy conference.
Membership Benefits Highlights
- Six issues of our newsletter, Jots from the Point
- Two free queries in each edition of the Society newsletter
- Significant discounts towards
- WPGS Publications, Library Research, and the Online Used Bookstore
- Inclusion in the online Ancestor Chart Project
- Access to 146,000+ names in over 2,500 member Ancestor Charts
- Surname Research Project – surnames being researched by members
- Online Members Only databases and documents and much more!
Call for Quarterly Submissions
WPGS is reviving the Quarterly journal after several years of inactivity and we are accepting article submissions for upcoming issues. We’re looking for well-documented research on Western PA families or Western PA locality history that may be of interest to our members and that has not been published elsewhere.
This member’s only collection contains an index of Immigrants who applied for Naturalization Papers in the District Courts of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Copies of the Naturalization records can also be ordered through our Research Services.