Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
An organization of amateur and professional family historians and genealogists dedicated to the study and preservation of family history focused on Western Pennsylvania.
We have a wealth of resources for both the budding researcher and the experienced pro. WPGS offers free programming and in-person help for all as well as valuable extras for our members.
Membership Benefits Highlights
- Six issues of our newsletter, Jots from the Point
- Two free queries in each edition of the Society newsletter
- Significant discounts towards
- WPGS Publications, Library Research, and the Online Used Bookstore
- Inclusion in the online Ancestor Chart Project
- Access to 146,000+ names in over 2,500 member Ancestor Charts
- Surname Research Project – surnames being researched by members
- Online Members Only databases and documents and much more!
Suzanne Johnston Memorial Scholarship
Annually, WPGS awards the Suzanne Johnston Memorial Scholarship of up to $250 to a current member towards attendance cost at a local, regional, national, or virtual genealogy conference.