The Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society has a great group of passionate, dedicated genealogists with a lot to offer both Pennsylvania residents and those who now live far from their Pennsylvania roots. Join to get the great benefits listed below!
Benefits of Membership
- Six issues of our newsletter, Jots from Western Pennsylvania, and access to digital copies of all previous newsletters.
- Two free queries in each edition of the Society newsletter.
- Use of the Member-to-Member Forum on the website
- Eight informative monthly meetings per year (see the WPGS Events page for details). Most are free and open to the public.
- Significant Member discounts on WPGS Publications, Library Research, and the Online Used Bookstore.
- Free 5-Generation Ancestor Chart and inclusion in the online Ancestor Chart Project once submitted with access to over 146,000 names in more than 2,500 member Ancestor Charts.
- Participation in the Surname Research Project, a database of surnames being researched by members.
- Digital copies of issues of the WPGS scholarly publication, Quarterly, Volumes 1 to 42.
- Eligibility for the Suzanne Johnston Memorial Scholarship.
The membership year runs from July 1 of the present year to June 30 of the following year. New member benefits will begin as soon as processing is completed. Dues received after May 1st will be applied to the next membership year and membership will begin when processing is completed.
Single person membership
Annual Joint Membership
Two members living at one address
Annual Membership (outside USA)
Not US military