The Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society has a great group of passionate, dedicated genealogists with a lot to offer both Pennsylvania residents and those who now live far from their Pennsylvania roots. Join to get the great benefits listed below!
Benefits of Membership
- Six issues of our newsletter, Jots from Western Pennsylvania, and access to digital copies of all previous newsletters and access to all previous issues from 1974-Present, with index.
- Two free queries in each edition of the Society newsletter.
- Eight informative monthly meetings per year (some as video conferences). Most are free and open to the public.
- Significant Member discounts on Library Research and the Online Book Store.
- Free 5-Generation Ancestor Chart and inclusion in the online Ancestor Chart Project, with access to over 146,000 names in more than 2,500 member Ancestor Charts.
- Participation in the Surname Research Project, a database of surnames being researched by members.
- Digital copies of issues of the WPGS scholarly publication, Quarterly, Volumes 1 to Present, with full index.
- Eligibility for the Suzanne Johnston Memorial Scholarship.
- Access to many church records, cemetery indexes, community records, and family histories.
The membership year runs from July 1 of the present year to June 30 of the following year. New member benefits will begin as soon as processing is completed. Dues received after May 1st will be applied to the next membership year and membership will begin when processing is completed.
Single person membership
Annual Joint Membership
Two members living at one address
Annual Membership (outside USA)
Not US military