Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
The Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society is a non-profit organization of
amateur and professional family historians and genealogists dedicated to the
study and preservation of family history. Since 1974, members of WPGS have
helped trace family roots in Western Pennsylvania while preserving important
local and regional records.
- 6 issues of our newsletter, JOTS
- 4 issues of our scholarly journal, The WPGS Quarterly
- Access to Members Only Online Databases
- 2 FREE surname queries per JOTS issue.
- Eight informative monthly meetings per year
- Member discounts on WPGS publications
- Unlimited searches in the Surname Exchange Index
- Free Ancestor Chart and automatic inclusion in the Computer Chart Project
The Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society is a great group of
passionate, dedicated genealogists. Why not join us?
collection of the Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society spans the early
1750s through the early part of the 20th century, in book, microfilm, microfiche
and CD-Rom formats. Although it emphasizes the 26 counties of Western
WPGS Library also contains material from the
entire state of Pennsylvania, as well as surrounding states.